Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hunger Games book review



I have never read The Hunger Games, and nor do I plan to, but I think that it is important that I do a review on this book from what I know.

From the reviews I have read, this book is okay, but it has many faults. It is not a good and wholesome book, and, therefore, should be stayed away from.

Here is a very good quote from St. John Bosco:
"Never read books you aren't sure about . . . even supposing that these bad books are very well written from a literary point of view. Let me ask you this: Would you drink something you knew was poisoned just because it was offered to you in a golden cup?"

At the links below are good reviews of this book.
http://tinyurl.com/78r8mb5
http://booksnblather.blogspot.com/2010/09/hunger-games-by-suzanne-collins.html

My rating: 5

6 comments:

James and Jacob said...

I haven't read the books and I don't think I will. I know someone who is a crazy fan of the books though. I most likely will watch the movie.

-James

Alyianna said...

Your brother? LOL

Well let me know how the movie is!

James and Jacob said...

No, actually it was a friend of a friend. I will.

-James

Alyianna said...

Ok, thanks!

Sierra said...

Alyianna, although there are some things that are disagreeable and some violence I did like this book and cannot wait for the movie. But different people have different views :) Have a great day! Sierra
Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

Alyianna said...

Yes, I have heard of a lot of people, who love the books. I was very much interested in reading the books; but when I heard about some...well, bad stuff...I thought, "No, I'm not going to read a book that some bad things in it, even if most people like it."