Sunday, January 8, 2012

Literary Tag

I decided this was the appropriate blog to post my answers to this literary tag I got from Charity U over at Austenitis. Feel free to answer these questions, and if you have a blog, I'd love to see your answers!!!

1. Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to:
I really admire Eowyn's courage (LOTR) and how moral Celia is (John Paul II High books). I can relate a lot to the dreamy and imaginative Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables), and probably somewhat to Jo March (Little Women).

2. Share five of your favourite historical novels:
Oooh...okay, here goes! The Sky Is Falling by Kit Pearson (does that count?), Quo Vadis by Henyrk Sienkiewicz, To Stand On My Own by Barbara Haworth-Attard (Dear Canada), Brothers Far From Home  by Jean Little (Dear Canada), and oh...so many more, but I can't remember any titles at the moment!!! D:

3. Out of those five books, who is your favourite character and why?
Probably Norah from The Sky Is Falling. She's the main character from this book (in a trilogy called Guests of War, which I have loved since my childhood and I have probably read about the same amount of times as The Lord of the Rings). Don't you dare ask me why I like her...I'm terrible at those type of questions! I suppose because she's brave and stubborn. :P Good enough?

5. If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature, who would you select to represent? 
EOWYN!!! That pretty white dress at the beginning of The Two Towers movie...

6. What are your sentiments on the subject of chocolate?
Huh? I thought this was a literary tag. But if I must...YUMMY!!! Milk chocolate is the best...

7. Favourite author(s)?
What an easy question! My favourite author would be Tolkien (DUH!). Other favourites (AFTER Tolkien) would be C.S. Lewis, L. M. Montgomery, Jean Little, Kit Pearson...

8. As a small, imaginative, red-haired damsel might query: would you rather be divinely beautiful, dazzingly clever, or angelically good? Why?
*groans* Wasn't your answer the first one, Anne? I would go with angelically good...because it's so hard to be that, and that's what I'd like to be. I'm already smart and beautiful enough, thank you!

9. In which century were most of the books you read written?
Hmmm....probably 20th.

10. In your opinion, the ultimate hero in literature is...
FRODO!!! He's so brave, and he sacrifices his life to go on the quest for the Ring, and...he's cute. ;) Such big blue eyes and curly brown hair......

11. Have you ever wanted to change a character's name?
Hmmm...I mean hoom...umm...I don't know. I don't think I have...

12. In your opinion, the most dastardly villain in all literature is...
Would Sauron work? He wanted to wipe out all Middle Earth but he was scared that someone would take his Ring and overthrow him. And he never came out of the place he stayed...he always had his orcs, Ringwraiths, etc. do all the work. Would that make him more of a coward? I seem to recall Morgoth, Sauron's old master, actually fought someone in single combat...

13. Three favourite non-fiction books?
Terrible question. I read non-fiction like...NEVER!!! Or almost never. Does The Lord of the Films count? And the official guides for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian? Or what about...the Bible? :)

12 comments:

James and Jacob said...

I didn't know you had a review blog. Cool! :D Do you think you could review the Lord of the Rings movies?

-James

Alyianna said...

I just started it a few days ago. ;)

I definitely am going to!!!! But do you mind waiting until I watch them again? If it takes more than a few months, I'll still do the reviews then.

James and Jacob said...

I don't mind. I always try make sure that I have seen the movie that I am reviewing recently so it is accurate. :) Have you seen the extended versions? I have seen The Felloship but I hope to buy the complete set soon. :)

-James

Alyianna said...

Lucky!!! I have the extended version of The Two Towers, but I was only able to see the FOTN and ROTK extended scenes before they were taken off YouTube (and I think there were still some scenes missed). D: I wish I had saved them before they were taken off. *head slap* I just have to save up money to buy the extended versions for the other two, I guess. What are your favourite scenes in the LOTR?

Charity U said...

Sorry, dark chocolate is waaaaay better. ;) Love those movie guides! Is Lord of the Films one for LotR?

Yes, I'm over here! Got your blog permitted. :)

Alyianna said...

NOOO it isn't!!! (lol we could have a whole pointless discussion about this, couldn't we? at least I could :P) Yes, it is!!!

You were able to make it so that I can do a guest post on your blog without an email address?!? Or do you mean something else. :P

James and Jacob said...

My favorite scenes not in order: "You Shall Not Pass", "The destruction of The Ring","Pelennor Fields", "The Prologue", "Helms Deep", "Ahem Hen", Mines of Moria", "Opening of ROTK"," March of the Ents. I could go on forver. Every scene is my favorite scene. :D

-James

Alyianna said...

:D yah. I LOVE the music with the March of the Ents. My favourite scene would be *sniff* The Breaking of the Fellowship. If I had to pick a favourite, probably that one and all the other Frodo and Sam scenes. *sniff* But there are also some reealy good scenes with Pip and Merry...and with...sorry, I could go on forever. :P How many times have you read the books and/or watched the movies?

James and Jacob said...

I forgot about that scene. It was also great. :)
I know I really need to but I haven't read the books yet. But I will start with The Hobbit after I watch the movie.

I have seen

FOTR: 6 or 7 times. Once was the extened version.

TTT: Once in the theaters(I was young) and 5 or 6 other times

ROTK: Once in theaters and 5 or 6 other times.

How many times have you seen them? :)

-James

Alyianna said...

I'm on my sixth or seventh reading of LOTR. I've watched FOTN three times and the other two twice (only that because I had to wait until I was thirteen to be allowed to watch them).

James and Jacob said...

Wow! You have them alot! :D You are a really dedicated fan. Who are your favorite LOTR characters other than Frodo? Mine are: Sam, Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas and just about every other charcter. :D

-James

Alyianna said...

Yes, I am. :P

My second favourite character would be Sam. All the characters are awesome, but my top favourites under Frodo and Sam would be Pippin, Eowyn, Gimli, maybe Merry and Faramir....

How long have you been a LOTR fan?