Friday, January 27, 2012

The Shadow of the Bear - A Fairy Tale Retold by Regina Doman

This is the cover for my copy...but below I have another cover I found that I L.O.V.E.!!!

"Once upon a time... In New York City, a young, secretive street tough who calls himself, Bear, lands on the doorstep of two teenaged sisters. On the one hand Rose is delighted with his surprising knowledge of literature, poetry, and music; on the other hand Blanche is afraid of his apparent connections to drugs, murder, and a hidden treasure. Even as Blanche learns to trust him, her fears that Bear's friendship threatens their family prove terrifyingly true."

Genre: Catholic teen, and definitely mystery & adventure
# in a series: 1 of 5 (so far)
Written by: Regina Doman
Audience: Catholic teen (duh)
Main character(s): Blanche, Rose, Bear, Fish :P (the last two are nicknames)
My comments: Remember my comment for the first JPII High book? Same for this book (and series). Besides LOTR, the Fairy Tale Stories retold series and the JP2 High series are my favourite books. I think even non-Catholics may even enjoy this series.

Alyianna's rating: 10


2 comments:

Juliet said...

thanks so much for the award! i love it and am posting it soon!
Juliet
p.s. i tagged you in my last post!

Alyianna said...

You're welcome and thanks! :) I will check that out!