Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Black Cauldron Movie Review


Genre: Disney
Audience: family, kids (Though I would say perhaps older kids, like the age of 9 or 10 because this movie is darker than the typical Disney movie.)
Main characters: Taran, Princess Eilonwy, Fflewddur, and Gurgi
My comments: I really enjoyed this movie. It wasn't too bad for a perversion of the book. (Yes, I call all Disney movies that. :P) One caution...there is this one scene where Fflewddur gets changed into a frog and gets stuck in...well, I won't say what, but I didn't find it exactly appropriate. Other than that, this movie was really good besides the fact my eight-year-old sister found it a little too scary for her at the beginning...but she did get through it fine.

Alyianna's rating: 9 out of 10

8 comments:

James and Jacob said...

Good review. I probably will not watch this since I don't like animated Disney movies.

-James

Alyianna said...

:O You d...don't?!?

James and Jacob said...

I do not hate animated Disney movies or anything but I perfer animated movies like Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Rango. :)

-James

Alyianna said...

I see. :)

James and Jacob said...

Actually, I think I have seen this movie a very, very long time ago when I was a little kid. :)

-James

Alyianna said...

Okay. :)

Genevieve Urban said...

I remember seeing this a few years back- a friend has now loaned it to us, and mom wants to watch it, but I don't think she saw it with us, and I thought it was kind of... strange... I don't know, I don't remember it much. I just remember I didn't like it very much- most other Disney movies (CLASSICS ONLY) I would go head over heels for, but some, like this one, just aren't very... unusual.

Alyianna said...

:D Thanks for posting your comments. I like to hear the different points of view on books/movies/etc.