Saturday, March 10, 2012

This Time (Megan and Liz) Music Review



Genre: pop
My comments: This album is very good as a whole. Megan and Liz are definitely the best YouTube artists and I hope they go far with their music. I think "World's Gunna End" and "Princess Charming" should have been replaced with their songs "Maybe, Possibly", "Here I Go", and/or "Rest of You." Perhaps if I buy this album I'll just get these songs as well and add them in. The awesome thing about this album is that it is really cheap - only $3.99 on Itunes for for 7 songs!!!

Song List:
1. Are You Happy Now? - This is definitely Megan and Liz's best song ever. This is an anti-bullying song, and I really love it...my mom's favourite of theirs, and maybe mine, too.
2. A Girl's Life - This song is pretty big. It took me a few listens to like it. One thing I don't like is the Twilight reference, but the rest is good...especially if you're a girl. ;)
3. Happy Never After - I think this song is okay, but it is my sister's favourite.
4. Old School Love - This is another song I had to listen to a few times to like. My favourite part is when they sing "I can't keep up. I can't keep u-u-up." I think they almost sounds like Regina Spektor then.
5. World's Gunna End - I don't really like this song.
6. Run Away - This song is very pretty. One of my friend's favourites.
7. Princess Charming - I think this song was a mistake. It's way too feminist and I don't think Megan and Liz should have stooped so long.

Alyianna's rating: 9 out of 10

2 comments:

Sierra said...

I have seen some of their Youtube stuff, like Who Says and Safe & Sound covers, but I'll be checking out their stuff on itunes :) Thanks for the review! Sierra
Keep Growing Beautiful♥ (Cause You Are!)

Alyianna said...

My pleasure! ;)