Friday, June 8, 2012

Introducing Artists: Andrew Johnston

I decided to spend a few minutes at the beginning of my day to do another new type post for you guys. (I'm sorry that I haven't had time for any more reviews yet. Just two more weeks, and exams will be over and I will be able to do reviews y'all again!)

Have you ever opened up your iTunes, turned on your iPod, etc....and then realized that there is nothing that you are really interested in listening to? I have had several people in my school ask for ideas of new music artists to listen to. Hence comes this series of posts. I shall try to at least one a week.


I'm going to start with an artist who's a little more classical: ANDREW JOHNSTON.

This is the only video I could find with this song...and, no, I haven't watched it. No time!

Andrew Johnston stepped into the spotlight on Britain's Got Talent with an inspirational story. He was growing up in poverty and was bullied for his love of classical music.


Unfortunately, he did not win first place...only third. It was easy to tell that he was crushed.

But even though Andrew didn't win Britain's Got Talent that year, he got a contract for Syco Records by Simon Cowell. The British boy soprano is now 17 with one album out - One Voice.


Did you like this post? Do you have any comments that would help improve posts like this in the future? I'd be happy to hear your comments!

No comments: