Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Songs Post - 1

I have decided to start a new series of posts on this blog (yes, I will still be doing some more of Introducing Artists...someday ;0). I got the idea from this post from a thought - bad media does have an impact on kids and teens today. So, in this post (which I shall make as daily as I can - at least during the summer), I shall post have three lists - the first, a few songs I love that are clean, the third, a few songs that shouldn't be listened to (or just general artists that should be avoided). The second list isn't really a list - but one song that is okay-ish, and I'll give my reasons of why it is so. Unless I decide to do more than one song, which I probably will end up doing...

Without further ado, let's begin! :)


Clean Songs
- Lift Me Up (The Afters)
- Good Time (Carly Rae Jepsen & Owl City)
- The Man Who Can't Be Moved (The Script)
- Enchanted (Taylor Swift)
- Are You Happy Now? (Megan and Liz...YouTube artists, but they do have an album on iTunes)



Okay Songs
- A Team (Ed Sheeran)
This song is all about a girl, who has completely lost hope in her life. She does drugs (Breathing in snowflakes/Burnt lungs, sour taste). She is also an adulteress. (Long nights, strange men and Or sells love to another man). Why I think this song is okay because of the theme of hopelessness in the song. You KNOW that all that all the girl is doing is wrong, and you feel sorry for her. The song does not promote adultery as, sadly, so many songs do nowadays.
- Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)
This song would go in the clean songs category...I'm just a little suspicious of a few lines: I'd trade my soul for a wish and Ripped jeans, skin was showin'. Perhaps I'm just a little overeactive, but...










Songs/Artists to Avoid
- Katy Perry...I checked her up in Wikipedia. I was shocked beyond words.





Are the Music Videos for the Songs in this Post Okay?
- Good Time (Carly Rae Jepsen & Owl City) - The music video is fine, besides the fact that Carly looks like she's wearing a jean jacket over a swim suit during the whole video.
- The Man Who Can't Be Moved (The Script) - Perfectly fine. :)
- Are You Happy Now? (Megan and Liz) - Love the music video for this one! So yes, it's fine. ;)
- A Team (Ed Sheeran) - I haven't watched it yet, but if anyone would like me to preview it for them, I'd be happy to. :)
- Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)...the song goes in the okay songs category, but the music video goes in this section, mostly because of the ending. It also shows the guy being sung about taking his shirt off.

No comments: