Friday, July 27, 2012

The Songs Post - 2

Clean Songs
- You Are More (Tenth Avenue North)
- Albertine (Brooke Fraser)
- I Refuse (Josh Wilson)
- Live Like There's No Tomorrow (Selena Gomez)
- Same Mistakes (One Direction)


Okay Songs
- Need You Now (Lady Antebellum)
This song is fine except for the mention of drinking. "It's a quarter after one/I'm all alone and I need you now/It's a quarter after one/I'm a little drunk and I need you now." BUT when you look at the music video, as the guy sings the last line, he picks up his cup of coffee. XD My mom and I (actually, my mom decided first...I stayed prejudiced for the first few listens) decided that the song was okay to listen to.

- One In a Lifetime Love (Keith Urban
This song actually may be completely fine. It talks about two lovers...and them getting married...and having kids. BUT....It may just be me picking on every song I can...some of these lyrics have me thinking that they may be doing "it" before marriage. "Don't fear it now, we're going all the way." This could just mean that they're going to get married, but it's very unlikely in this society and looking at the person who is singing this song. So I think that this song can be okay...it just matters how you decide to look at the song. I look at songs in a different way of what they're supposed to mean ALL THE TIME...and not only when the song may be suspicious. I can give you an example with a clean song, if anybody wants. ;)


Songs/Artists to Avoid
SOME CAUTIONS ABOUT TAYLOR SWIFT: Better than Revenge is about a girl stealing Taylor's boyfriend and doing...you know what...with him. I'm not going to state the lyrics here...you can easily check it up yourself if you want to see the proof. This is Taylor's ONLY totally inappropriate song. Two or three songs (Teardrops on My Guitar and Cold As You) on Taylor's first album have a mild curse word in them. In the album version of Picture to Burn (a song about Taylor taking revenge on her boyfriend for cheating on her by wrecking his house), Taylor sings, "So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy/That's fine, I'll tell mine you're gay!" The music video replaces the last line with "That's fine you won't mind if I say..."

Other than that, Taylor Swift's music is COMPLETELY CLEAN...so she is a good artist to listen to. In fact, she is my favourite. ;)


Are the Music Videos for the Songs in this Post Okay?
- You Are More (Tenth Avenue North)...Clean, awesome, and beautiful. :) *sniffs happily*
- Albertine (Brooke Fraser)...Good. Shows Brooke Fraser among poverty-stricken people in Africa.
- I Refuse (Josh Wilson)...I watched the music video for this song a few minutes ago, and I'm impressed. :)
- Need You Now (Lady Antebellum)...Fine as long as you're good with a kiss at the end. No, it's not heavy...it's normal...FOR ONCE! *sighs with relief*
- Teardrops on My Guitar (Taylor Swift)...Good. :) The minor curse word is removed in the music video version...the music also has a pop aspect added to the country.
- Picture to Burn (Taylor Swift)...Fine, as long as you're okay with Taylor's band trashing her ex-boyfriend's house while she sits on the couch singing about taking revenge on him.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love your song posts! I just discovered new music because of you!

I found your blog on goodreads. Check out mine if you would like!

ramblingreadermom.blogspot.com

Hannah

Alyianna said...

Thank you. :) I will certainly check out your blog!