Monday, October 29, 2012

The Songs Post 4

I am bringing back The Songs Post blog series because I got good comments on my earlier posts and I see that some people did like them. :)

Clean Songs
All Angels - This cover group's music is beautiful AND angelic - my favourite songs of theirs are their covers of "The Scientist", "Make Me A Channel of Your Peace", and "Nothing Compares 2 U".
Avril Lavigne - I don't know if all her songs are appropriate or not, but I really love her songs "Innocence", "Sk8er Boi", "Nobody's Home", "Keep Holding On" (for the movie Eragon), "I'm With You", "Complicated", "Remember When", and "When You're Gone".

Okay Songs
Lady Antebellum's "We Owned the Night" - I like this song, but there's one line (or rather two) that tell why I think this song would move down to this category: "We woke under a blanket/All tangled up in skin". Now you know why...and if you're too young to know why, be glad you don't.

Artists to Avoid
Carrie Underwood - My parish priest told one of my friends that she shouldn't listen to Carrie Underwood because most of her music is inappropriate (at least that's what he said), and she passed on the word to me.

Are the Music Videos For The Songs in This Post Okay?
All Angels - All of their music videos that I have seen are perfectly clean. :)
Avril Lavigne - As far as I've seen, "Sk8er Boi", "Nobody's Home", and "I'm With You" are perfectly fine. "Complicated" shows Avril and two of her friends crashing a mall...other than that, it's fine. "When You're Gone" has a few problems.
Lady Antebellum's "We Owned the Night" - I think that whoever directed this video put waaay too many kisses in, but other than that, it's okay, I guess.

No comments: