Saturday, November 17, 2012

Take Me Home - First Impressions

One Direction put their new album Take Me Home up on iTunes that their fans can listen to for a limited time before the album came out on November 14th (as far as I've heard). I've listened to the whole album (not the yearbook extended version, though) a couple of times and I thought I'd post some of my first impressions.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. There are a couple of songs that I don't care for, but I haven't listened to a single album that I liked all of the songs on the first few listens. My favourite songs are "Last First Kiss", "C'mon C'mon", "I Would", "Live While We're Young", and "Little Things" AND "Over Again" (both by Ed Sheeran, just like 1D's song "Moments"). I like how the boys added more guitar into their music.

One thing, though (yes, that was done on purpose ;0)...I find that the music has edged a little closer to the "more mature" side with phrases like "take it all the way", etc. etc. I prefer to interpret the music my own way, so it's one of those things that you have to decide whether to take it or leave it (like most music nowadays).

Other than that, I'm impressed. :) When the album officially comes out...(actually, it already has so when I get the album), I will do a more extensive review of it.


No comments: