I like how this soundtrack combines some themes from the last one (Fellowship of the Ring) with some new ones of its own.
1. Foundations of Stone - I think this track begins The Two Towers soundtrack very well. I can almost imagine mountains and other nature moving past. The Rings theme is in here (at least I call it the Rings theme...
I dont know what other people call it).
2. The Taming of Smeagol begins with the familiar Hobbit theme.
3. The Riders of Rohan - In this track, the Rohan theme - one of my favourites - is introduced. Throughout this soundtrack, this theme will become more familiar to you.
4. The Passing of the Marshes - I think this track is very good for Dead Marshes music.
5. The Uruk-Hai - The Fellowship theme is at the beginning of this track, and then there a few notes of the Rohan theme before the Mordor theme, and then the Uruk-Hai theme (you may remember this one from Amon-Hem in the FOTN soundtrack) comes on (because of the uruk hai and orcs - servants of Isengard and Mordor).
6. The King of the Golden Hall - This is one of my favourite tracks on this CD. More Rohan theme.
7. The Black Gate Is Closed
8. Evenstar (ft. Isabel Ba...) - This one is very pretty. Arwen/Aragorn music.
9. The White Rider - This track starts off in a very glorious way. The ending part is actually my favourite.
10. Treebeard - This track is sort of creepy...
11. The Leave Talking - I like how the Lothlorien theme is woven into this track.
12. Helm's Deep - I like the Rohan theme in this track, and the ending part of this track.
13. The Forbidden Pool - "How we wish to catch a fish, so juicy sweeet!" The Lothlorien theme is also part of this track.
14. Breathe of Life (ft. Sheila Casswell) - another of my favourite tracks from this soundtrack.
15. The Hornburg - I like this track, as well.
16. Forth Eorlingas - This one, too.
17. Isengard Unleashed (ft. Elizabeth Fraser) - One of my favourite parts of any LOTR track is in this track - the music as the ents march to Isengard.
18. Samwise the Brave - This is one of the four beautiful Frodo and Sam soundtracks (The Breaking of the Fellowship, Samwise the Brave, The Black Gate Opens, and the Grey Havens). Hobbit theme in this track, of course.
19. Gollum's Song - This song is sung by Emiliana Torrini, and I have to say I can't think of another way this song could be sung to fit Gollum better. The lyrics are perfect, too, and the music is haunting. The ending music, with the Rohan theme, finishes off this soundtrack wonderfully.
Alyianna's rating: 10/10