Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Bully Boys - a Book Review



It's been a while since I've read a children's book, but I'm getting back in the habit since I have a whole ton of them that I've acquired throughout the years and have never read. (Second-hand bookstores are the best.)

When Thomas Roberts goes to the store, he never imagined that he would stumble across some American soldiers and even the famous Lieutenant James FitzGibbon himself! This chance meeting takes Tommy far away from home on an adventure that he will never forget.

This book is a historical fiction set during the War of 1812 from Canada's point of view. I was actually quite impressed by this book. Even though it is a children's book, the story caught my interest and kept me interested for the entire book. I have never read any books by Eric Walters before, but I definitely think I may have to check out some of his other books (especially if he has any more historical fiction, which is one of my favourite genres).

Alyianna's rating: 8.5 out 10

4 comments:

Lucy Pevensie said...

Sounds good. :)

Alyianna Baggins said...

It's right there on my bookshelf waiting for you to read it. ;)

Obat Herbal Asam Urat said...

nice book and thanks for information

Alyianna Baggins said...

My pleasure. :)