Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Thirst - Catholic Book Review

I first heard about this book when the author approached me because she had noticed that I liked Regina Doman's novels. We ended up making up a deal that I would write a review in return for getting a free PDF. Here is my review, so hold on to your hats. :)


One could say that Rebecca is living an ordinary life, going to college and living at home with her parents and brother in the United States. But when she meets the Canadian Peter, she does not realize that a beautiful and wonderful friendship is ahead of her...

The first thing that struck me as more than ordinary in this book were the vibrant descriptions. Even if the story had been ordinary, the descriptions that painted pictures in my mind and were never uninteresting would have made up for it.

This book was very Catholic. God and religion permeate the entire book. A good portion of the story also takes place at or after Mass.

When I started reading this book, I was expecting a romance. However, I was surprised to find a friendship story instead. One could say that there were some elements of romance (I can totally see Rebecca and Peter as a married couple one day), but it wasn't anything major in the story. Since I was expecting romance, I might have been disappointed if the friendship wasn't so beautiful - I would put it up there with Frodo and Sam. :)

I enjoyed this book very much. It was a great weekend read, and I definitely plan on reading it again. I was delighted to read in the "About the Author" section that Gina is writing a sequel to this book. I don't think she will be able to write fast enough for me. ;)

Alyianna's rating: 10 out of 10
(I decided to be fair and hold off putting 10's for every book I like :P)


The book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/I-Thirst-Gina-Marinello-Sweeney/dp/0615802125/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Link to my review on Amazon - how about going over there and rating it as helpful? :) http://www.amazon.com/review/RH2UUWUZ9V56C/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0615802125&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

No comments: