Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Ringing in the New Year 2014 ~ Looking Back & Looking Forward

Looking Back at Last Year (2013)

Albums
I've heard the iTunes preview for The Band Perry's album "Pioneer", and I hope to purchase it because it sounds really good. The same goes for Tim McGraw's "Two Lanes of Freedom". I have listened to Josh Groban's "All That Echoes" and it was good, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it more closely yet.

In the near future, I hope to get a listen to "The Civil Wars" (self-titled album - their earlier EP was great), Andrea Bocelli's "Passione", and Sarah Brightman's "Dreamchaser".

Lady Antebellum released their album "Golden", which I have mixed feelings about. There are a few songs I like, but, overall, this album was definitely not as good as their last albums have been (excluding their Christmas album from 2012 because that one wasn't that great, either).



Films
I don't usually watch a whole bunch of new movies, but I enjoyed The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug as much as possible with it being almost completely different from the book (review coming soon on this one). Epic was enjoyable, but after watching the trailer which looked really good, the movie was a little bit of a let-down. I really want to watch The Book Thief (loved the book) and Saving Mr. Banks. I also hope to watch Turbo, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Frozen, and Monster's University (yup, I like kid movies). One of my friends recommended Ender's Game to me, which I may check out - but I probably won't watch The Great Gatsby, as I didn't like the book.





Television
Once Upon a Time - I only watch little snippets here and there, but Season Three looks to be good. However, the bits I have seen have left me somewhat disappointed, as my favourite character was killed off, and I do not approve of two characters being romantically paired.

Doctor Who  - I only just starting Series 6, but I'm looking forward to watching Series 7, although my dad tells me that most of that season was pointless except for a couple of episodes, including the 50th anniversary (which I am dying to watch).

X Factor - Of the two X Factors I actually watched this year, X Factor Australia was not great, but good enough, as it usually is - and X Factor USA completely fell to pieces.







Looking Forward (2014)

Albums
I hear that Ed Sheeran and The Fray are going to release albums in February, which I look forward to listening to. I also am looking forward to Christina Perri and Ella Henderson's (she was amazing in the British X Factor and I'm so happy she's going to release an album) albums in March.


And...since Taylor Swift seems to release an album every two years and "Red" came out in October 2012, maybe there will be a new album this year. :) :)



Films
So far, I want to watch the Paddington movie...and I know I'll go see The Hobbit: There and Back Again, but I'm prepared to be disappointed. I'm sure there'll be a few Disney movies that I can check out.


Television
I'm looking forward to the next series of Doctor Who with Peter Capaldi playing the new Doctor.

No comments: