Books I Would Like to Read This Year
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan: I'm really looking forward to reading this one as soon as I can buy it.
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens: I just started reading this book two days ago.
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens: I've always wanted to read this one.
- Persuasion and/or Emma by Jane Austen: These two seem to be the top next Jane Austen books I haven't read yet.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: I tried to read this book several years ago, but I couldn't finish it. I'd like to be able to do that.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell: This has been a big one on my mind for a while now.
- at least one other book by or related to Tolkien that I haven't read yet
- To Kill A Mockingbird: I read this one in grade 10 (I believe) and I loved it, so I would like to read it again.
- Lord of the Flies: The name is so close to my favourite LOTR that this book has always intrigued me (yes, I know the story is nothing like Tolkien's classic).
- The Lord of the Rings: I missed my annual reading last year. (Oh, horrors!)
- Sherlock Holmes: Another one I've never gotten around to all these years.
- Father Brown: And another.
Movies I Would Like to Watch This Year
- The Book Thief: Really want to watch this one.
- Saving Mr. Banks: And this one.
- Turbo, Monsters University, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, and Frozen: Might as well, right?
- The Princess Pride: Last time I watched it, I was probably around eight or nine. A crying shame, really.
- Pride and Prejudice: You know, the movie that everyone talks about whenever they talk about a dramatization of Jane Austen's beloved book - but I am prepared to be disappointed after the amazing work BBC did on it.
- Paddington and The Hobbit: There and Back Again
- Indiana Jones and James Bond: I always feel so uncultured for never having watched one of these
- Schindler's List, Forrest Gump, Star Wars, E.T., Singing in the Rain, Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, Braveheart, The Grapes of Wrath, Jurassic Park, Wuthering Heights, White Christmas: All these well known films that I kick myself for having never watched.
TV Shows I Would Like to Watch This Year
- the rest of Doctor Who until I'm up to date...and I also want to go back and watch the classics
- Downtown Abbey
- Merlin because all these people who love BBC's Doctor Who and Sherlock seem to love it so much