Monday, January 27, 2014

The Incredibles ~ Movie Review

Even though I'm one of those die-hard Disney/Pixar fans, I actually had never watched The Incredibles until last week.



Bob and Helen Parr used to be Supers (Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl, respectively) until they were forced to go in hiding when the government outlawed them. Now they're raising a family, and both they and their children must hide their powers from the world. Bob, nostgalic of the old life, often goes at night with his best friend Frozone to save people while undercover. But when Mr. Incredible gets a call in which he is given a chance to return to the 'old glory days', he can't resist.


Actors/Actresses: Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Jason Lee, Spencer Fox, Sarah Vowell
Director: Brad Bird
Released: 2004
Some awards: 2004 Annie Award for Best Animated Feature, two Academy Awards, the first entirely animated film to win the prestigious Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.

I really enjoyed it. From the little bit of a sci-fi feel (come on, tell me that you don't think we could have something like this in the future?) to the super hero action to the great family moments/bonding, it was, all in all, a very good movie. There were, of course, some of those moments that only someone a bit more mature than a child will understand, which enriched the movie.

Alyianna's Rating: 9 out 10

1 comment:

James The Movie Reviewer said...

The Incredibles is definitely my favorite Pixar movie. I know it is not everyone's favorite, but I enjoyed it quite a lot. The superhero jokes were so funny, and since I am a comic book fan, I liked all of the parody and satire of the genre. Great review! :)

-James