Monday, June 16, 2014

With Every Letter ~ book review


As part of a World War II morale-building program, flight nurse Lt. Mellie Blake begins an anonymous correspondence with Lt. Tom MacGilliver in North Africa. As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, they develop a deep friendship. But when they're both transferred to Algeria, will their future be held hostage by the past---or will they reveal their identities?


I enjoyed this book very much. While every single book I've read this year that claimed to having sweet romance turned out to be borderline, this book's touch of romance, stemming from a wonderful friendship, was perfect and added to the plot instead of distracting from it. Really, I haven't been so pleased with a book's romance plot for a while.

I also appreciated the long-distance correspondence because my high school was online and some of the best friendships that I ever (and/or still do) had were forged and maintained without ever (or very rarely) meeting that person at all. I liked how Mellie and Tom were able to touch and help each other's lives in such a wonderful way. And may I just say that Tom is one of the most honorable young men that I have met in a book for a long time. :)


Alyianna's rating: 10 out 10

No comments: