Monday, July 28, 2014

55 Book-Related Questions: Day 1

Since this is, essentially, the blog where I talk about books (and movies and TV shows and CDs, but shhh, we're going to ignore this fact for now), I thought I would do this fun tag. I'm going to split the tag up into 5 days. (I wanted to do two or three days, but then that wouldn't be an even split, would it?)
Feel free to join in by answering the questions in the comments or by making your own post - I'd love to hear your responses!


1. What was your favourite childhood book?
I can never stick with just one, but my favourite book ever since I was nine was and still is The Lord of the Rings. But that isn't really considered a child's book. ;) When I was young, I liked to read classics like Little Women and A Little Princess. I also loved mystery series like The Boxcar Children and The Hardy Boys (which I preferred to Nancy Drew).

2. What are you reading right now?
Ha ha ha... this is the question you should never ask me. Officially, it's Surrender the Heart by MaryLu Tyndall and Angels in the Dust by Zofia Kossak. Unofficially, I'm also reading a writing book, a Downton Abbey guide, and a book by a friend.

3. What books do you have on request at the library?
None - just two CDs that I'm probably not going to get until next year.

4. Bad book habit?
Starting many books and never finishing them...or at least, not for several months because I keep starting other books. Oh, and I also check out so many books at the library that some of them have to be returned before I've even had a chance to get to that book in my stack.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? 
Many books. But most of them are either craft or French books... so the actual "reading" books I have checked out are Surrender the Heart and two Doctor Who Adventures.

6. Do you have an e-reader?
Yes, my dad bought me a Kobo a few years ago. However, I don't use it a whole lot because I prefer reading from an actual book.

7. Do you have to prefer one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer the former, but I always seem to end up doing the latter.

8. Have your reading habits changed since you started a blog?
Yes. Since I have a reviews blog, I need to have something to review on it. Therefore, I make more of an attempt to read in my free time instead of pointless browsing. (Ehhh, but I still do that, too. Can't give Pinterest up. ;0)

9. Least favourite book you read this year?
Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle

10. Favourite book you've read this year?
Tough question. Maybe The House of Hades.

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
I read a lot of stuff... however, I usually go with adult Christian and some YA. I don't read a whole lot of classics and longer books nowadays. So not too often...maybe 10-20% of the time.

No comments: