Thursday, July 31, 2014

55 Book-Related Questions: Day 2

And so we continue.


12. What is your reading comfort zone?
Christian, older kids - APPROPRIATE adult, fantasy/sci-fi/historical/general... I like a little dash of romance in the books I read, but nothing much.

13. Can you read on the bus?
Yes. It hasn't happened to me on the bus yet, but I sometimes get car sick. That's the only thing that stops me from reading. ;)

14. Favourite place to read?
A comfy chair.

15. What's your policy on book lending?
No dog earing, no tearing or creasing of any sorts. If you're going to borrow a book from me, I want it back EXACTLY THE SAME WAY IT LOOKED WHEN YOU GOT IT. Understand?

16. Do you dogear your books?
What?! No!

17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books?
Who is writing these questions, a desecrator of books?

18. Do you break/crack the spines of your books?
I avoid it as much as possible. So I be extra careful with new books. However, once it's happened (or once I've got annoyed with not being able to hold out the book at any easy reading angle), I flatten the book out most of the way for ease of reading.

19. What is your favourite language to read?
Well, I only know English (I'm only just starting with French), so I suppose that. But Elvish is a beautiful language to look at.

20. What makes you love a book?
A good story. Action, but not so much that the whole story is being rushed. Good morals and characters learning lessons that teach them to be better people. Kindness of characters. Funny moments (and funny characters).

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
The above.

22. Favourite genre?
Fantasy.

No comments: