Friday, July 11, 2014

The Clockwise Man ~ book review



In 1920s London the Doctor and Rose find themselves caught up in the hunt for a mysterious murderer. But not everything is what it seems. Secrets lie behind locked doors and inhuman killers roam the streets.

Who is the Painted Lady and why is she so interested in the Doctor? How can a cat return from the dead? Can anyone be trusted to tell - or even to know - the truth?

With the faceless killers closings in, the Doctor and Rose must solve the mystery of the Clockwise Man before London itself is destroyed...


This was my second Doctor Who: New Series Adventure book. While I didn't like this one quite as much my first read from this series (#38), this book was still quite good. The voices were perfect, I could easily imagine the Ninth Doctor and Rose in my mind with their dialogue and actions in the book. I had to admit that I was thinking of those Clockwork Robots as soon as I saw the title, and the creatures in this book actually did have some similarities to the latter creatures (though not exactly). The plot definitely kept me on my feet (in my mind).

Alyianna's rating: 8 out of 10

No comments: