Friday, August 1, 2014

55 Book-Related Questions: Day 3

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
Classics - from Little Women to Hamlet to The Iliad.

24. Favourite biography?
I actually have never read a biography. *cue gasps of shock and dismay*

25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Do books of instruction on how to knit or play the piano count?

26. Favourite cookbook?
Any that have instructions on how to make something delicious I can put in my mouth.

27. Most inspirational book you've read this year (can be fiction or non-fiction)?
Simple and Pure because it made me feel like I can help change the world for the better.

28. Favourite reading snack?
I almost never eat while reading. Food can be a dangerous substance if it gets on a book!

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience...
So far, never. TV shows are another matter, though. (My love/hate relationship with Pinterest.)

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
It depends on what I thought about the book. If I loved it, I'll gush along with the critics. If I hated it or thought a book just to be "okay", then I'm probably not going to be agreeing with the critics.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I usually revel in slamming something I hate. Unless I know the author is going to read the review... then I feel bad for saying anything negative about the book. Usually.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
French because that would mean that I would have finally mastered the language. That's going to take quite some time, however. Right now, I'm spending most of my time agonizing over grammar with close to no help from my "teacher".

33. Most intimidating book I've read.
Les Miserables. Those sections that deviate from the story almost lost me. But it was so worth it in the end! #favouritebooks

No comments: