Saturday, August 2, 2014

55 Book-Related Questions: Day 4

34. Most intimidating book I'm too nervous to begin
I tried reading Jane Eyre many years ago, and found it tedious. I'm planning to try it again sometime, but after my earlier experience, I'm a little nervous to do so.

35. Favourite poet
Stephen Vincent Benét. His poems are really fun.

36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time?
For actual "reading" books, probably about 5. (But then I get more when I go to the library the next time when I haven't returned the others yet and they kind of build up...)

37. How often do you return library books to the library unread?
Usually 1/3 to 1/2 of them are unread. Usually. Sometimes, on great, shining weeks, I am able to read through them all.

38. Favourite fictional character
A few years ago, I would have said Frodo Baggins. I may still go with that... however, I've read/watched a lot of new stuff, and I don't think I can go with just one. So here are some off the top of my head...

Frodo Baggins (from The Lord of the Rings). Leo Valdez (from Heroes of Olympus series). The Doctor  and Rory Williams (from Doctor Who).


39. Favourite fictional villain.
:D

Smaug from The Hobbit, Scar from The Lion King, the Master from Doctor Who, and Moriarty from Sherlock. In ascending order.


40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation.
I like to bring something easier on vacation for some reason... so YA, or adult Christian.

41. The longest I've gone without reading.
Last year, I had barely any time to read with the amount of schoolwork I had. So ignoring the novel and novella I had to read for English class, six months. Okay, well that's not quite true because I did manage to fit one book in that period of time. So four months.

42. Name a book you could/would not finish.
Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle because I just couldn't stand it anymore.

43. What distracts you easily when you're reading?
Loud talking or music. Or someone looking over my shoulder. I can't stand that because I feel like the person is judging what I'm reading. It happens to me on tests, too (are you looking at my answers thinking how stupid they are, teacher?!).

44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel.
Anne of Green Gables, hands down. No question about it. The casting and acting and the amount of sticking to book were just perfection.

No comments: