Sunday, August 3, 2014

55 Book-Related Questions: Day 5

45. Most disappointing film adapation?
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. And I've heard the Percy Jackson film adaptations are horrible.

46. Most money I've spent in a bookstore at one time.
Probably $30-40. But it was mostly with a gift card, so I suppose it's cheating a little bit. ;)

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
If it's so inappropriate that I can't stand reading it anymore. Or if it's super boring...but I think I've always dropped a book waaaaay earlier if it's boring.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I only organize my favourite books. Other books just go wherever they fit in my shelf...and if they don't, they go in piles in front of the books on the bookshelf.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read?
I've never given away a book...unless it's to my sister.

51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?
I've already said Jane Eyre. Umm...besides that, I can't think of any at the moment.

52. Name a book that made you angry.
Isolde, Queen of the Western Isle. It made me feel like anyone male was utter scum.

53. A book I didn't expect to like but did.
Toward the Gleam. The cover didn't look particularly interesting (yes, I judge a book by its cover, I'm sorry to say), but the story was great. And I avoided reading The Hobbit for at least a year for the same reason...oh, what a huge mistake that was!

54. A book I expected to like but didn't.
See #52. I'm reading Surrender the Heart at the moment and it's annoying me. But maybe it'll get better...I like to give books a chance. And if I get halfway and still don't like it, I'll probably still finish it so I can review it.

55. Favourite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading?
One word. 

TOLKIEN.


Did you like these types of posts? What other "special posts" would you like me to do in the future?

No comments: