Monday, August 11, 2014

Angels in the Dust ~ book review



I picked up this book because it is my mother's all-time favourite historical fiction. Angels in the Dust is amazing because not only is it an engaging read about the First Crusade, but it also portrays the events and people like they really well - from the horrible sins of the Crusaders themselves to the piety of the Archbishop and the Pope. Therefore, the book is very much historically accurate. The character's decisions, which caused me either start loving or despising them, definitely kept me on my (mental) feet. The descriptions of the people's superstitions were very amusing, as well.  This book is a great historical fiction, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes this genre, as well as people who like high-quality literature (like the classics).

Alyianna's reviews: 10 out of 10
Audience: Definitely not children...I probably wouldn't give it to a young teenager, either.

No comments: