Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Eye of the World ~ book review


The Wheel of Time turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, an Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.


One of my good friends just introduced me to the "Wheel of Time" series. I fell in love with everything about the book almost immediately - the plot reminds me of The Lord of the Rings, the characters are the type that a reader will really care about, and I love the writing style.

Here's the story - Rand Al'Thor has lived on a farm outside of Emond's Field for as long as he can remember. But when Trollocs invade his town, looking for Rand and his friends Mat and Perrin, the three friends are forced to flee and are swept up on a quest that will change all of their lives.

I love most of the characters, though there are one or two characters who annoy me (and have also annoyed all the fans I've had contact with so far). I think it was the similarities to Tolkien's Middle Earth that really drew me in at the beginning, but I am glad that The Eye of the World is its own book. I think why I loved this book so much is that it made me laugh at the funny parts and even cry with happiness at other parts - and only The Lord of the Rings and Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus books have evoked such emotions in me.

I'm really looking forward to reading the next book!

Alyianna's rating: 10 out of 10



No comments: